Tuesday 24 July 2018

Rising To The Crafty Challenge

So the last few weeks have been ludicrously busy in my little corner of the world and as a result the fact I forgot to post last Tuesday completely passed me by until Thursday. Oops! I am sure many of you with kids understand the end of summer term chaos, which I am using as my excuse, so do forgive me. I'd like to say life should get calmer now, but as a childminder by trade that sadly isn't the case but I promise to try to keep up with you all on here. It hopefully will provide me some sanity in a crazy 6 weeks! 

Amid the usual flurry of family life, I have also been very busy prepping samples for both Samantha K, and Luv Crafts as they have shows coming up on Hochanda this week. Here's a taste of the work I have done.  It's so much fun opening the boxes of goodies when they come, and putting my own spin on them. Sometimes it can be a real challenge to get the ideas flowing ( we all suffer the odd mojo slump right?) but not this time. I had a blast lost in my own creative little world for days.







I'll be popping more info on how I made some of my projects on my own blog over the coming weeks so feel free to take a look here and follow me if you are interested.

After such an intensive time making samples I don't mind admitting I was a bit lost briefly once they'd been packaged and sent, and couldn't decided what to do next as I had no purpose to craft. Do you ever get that way? When I do I find online challenges a great motivator. There's a big facebook event on a page called Junk Journals and Mindful Mixed Media Art at the moment with regular challenges and competitions running. The current one is to either make 5 artist trading coins, and use them in another project, or create 3 artist trading cards and create a way to store or display them. This gave me just the push I needed to get my stamps out and get playing purely for fun this weekend. Bliss!





For my Artist Trading Cards I used some uber cute unicorn stamps and made a triangular display box for them..  Anyone that knows me knows I am passionate about all things mythical, and love to bring this into my crafting so I couldn't resist using that as my theme for these competitions. 



I've never made Artist Trading Coins before, so that in itself was a fun challenge. I created a page in my art journal, focused around the magic of the forest using a variety of different media, stencils and my trusty Lavinia stamps. 

I'm not sure what my next crafty project will be yet, I am feeling the urge to go back to a bit of scrapbooking I think. Hopefully I will have something new to share with you next week. I promise to remember!

Have a great week and stay safe in all this sun we seem to be having. If it's too hot for you, just find a cool fan and craft by it ( just don't do what I did last week and use gilding flakes at the same time!).

Lynda
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment