Tuesday 12 June 2018

Making Time for Magic

Thanks to the lovely Karen for stepping into my spot last week. Life is incredibly busy right now and I didn't even have time to post let alone craft. What a sad state of affairs! 

Life is still crazy but I wanted to be sure to share a little magical project I have made with you all recently. This free standing unicorn is by Samantha K and is just stunning. I literally squealed with delight when I opened the box and first glanced it.  I have a real passion for all things mythical so it is right up my street. 


I wanted to make it colourful, and once I had put the pieces together and sprayed with a primer and them white acrylic paint, I set to work on painting the mane with glittery paints. I won't lie, it was a bit fiddly, but so worth persisting with don't you think? It's hard to tell from the photo but I also sprayed pink glitter spray all over it for some extra magical sparkle. It has yet to be named thougj- any suggestions?

Talking of magical sparkle, take a look at this wonderful pink horse that one of my 3yr old charges made. Luckily for her I had a spare piece of the unicorn, minus it's horn,  so let her loose on it and she created a magical beauty all of her own. I love to see kids being so creative. It took ages to dry as there was so much glitter glue on it! 


Before I go I'll just share another little project I managed to make at craft club last week. Finally I got to unwrap my new Lavinia stamps and have a play. The beauty of craft club is that it allows me to actually make the time to focus on inky play at least once a fortnight- a blissful 3 hours tranquility among like minded folk in hectic times. Perfect!


I've also been getting busy working on some , dare I say it... Christmas projects. Yes I know it's only June , and I am usually the last person to be breaking out the glitter and end us rushing my cards in December, but when you do design team work it seems Christmas definitely comes early.  I'll share some sneak peeks of what I have been making soon!

Have a great week

Lynda
x



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love your projects.. what an awesome pink horse by your little friend too!

    ReplyDelete