Tuesday 26 June 2018

Bye Bye Christmas, Hello Summer!

 Hello there! Before I start my weekly waffling about all things crafty, let me first apologise for not stopping by to post last week. My head has been in an absolute spin lately and by the time I remembered I was due to do my Tuesday post, it was actually Thursday. Doh! 

So, what have I been up to? Well, I have been frantically working on my Christmas samples for upcoming shows for both Luv Crafts and Polly Allsorts on Hochanda. I still can't get my head around the concept of Christmas in June/July time but I guess when you are a retailer that's what it's all about from now until December. Fortunately I love to break out glitter at any time of year so while it threw me a little, I soon found my festive groove.

A sample for Luv Crafts
Yesterday I packed up the bulk of the samples ready for collection today, and my thought's turned more to Summer. It seems to be here in full force this week, and what better way to enjoy it than sat outside while hubby cooked a bbq tea with some stunning flowers, a glass of prossecco and my watercolour pens. I had a blast- well, until I started getting hounded by a wasp or three and we realised the pesky little blighters have set up home in the strut of my pergola. How rude of them!  Fortunately we found a repellent powder in the cupboard and I am hoping that was enough to evict them. Time will tell.


With my flowers coloured I dusted off my art journal and made a start on a summery page.  I'm not sure if it's finished yet. I'll review it another day. 


I also managed to make a couple of cards yesterday so thought I'd share them too. 



While I was busy at the craft table my daughter decided she fancied doing some creating of her own- in the kitchen this time. She's started doing food tech at school and is turning into a pretty darned good chef I can tell you. This rainbow cake was so epic that I felt it definitely deserves a mention here on the blog. I hope you agree. Not too shabby at all for a 12yr old. My diet was definitely abandoned but it was worth it. 


Well, that's all from me for now. I will have to set myself a reminder for next weeks post to be sure I catch up with you all again. I am planning a very crafty week, keeping myself cool in the shade of my work area so hopefully I'll have lots to share.

Have a lovely week.

Lynda
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment