Wednesday 17 October 2018

Beautiful Sunny Autumn Day

Well yes, its the dreaded Xmas word and although its only just October we will have to start planning our collection of jewellery and crafty ideas.  We are always designing and creating new ideas for that little something different and even more so for Xmas.  The gifts have to carry affordable prices for all, something for children to give at Xmas  - to the something special gift - and everything in between.

As promised last week these are some photos from the Feltabulous wet felt workshop with Alison Bunning.  I have seen examples of Alison's wonderful creations but never had the chance to have a go, so I joined in the fun.  Miraculously we all made beautiful flowers under Alison's expert guidance and all impressed with what we had all achieved.  So much so that we have two more dates booked for her to come and teach us what else we can achieve with wet felt and needle felt.

When I was on my last travels to the Isles of Scilly I picked up some sea glass on the beach, I  had a little try at wire wrapping some as pendants, they are my first efforts.  I'm not sure if too much wire takes away the effect of the glass so I'm going to try to using less wire to see if I can capture their unique beauty and also use some smaller pieces with resin.

Right, got to get on with preparing our next workshops where we will concentrate on some fun pendants and earrings. We haven't done this workshop before so it will be interesting to see what results we come up with. The great thing is everyone mostly chooses their own gems and findings on our workshops and so the results are always personal and have great variation, which I love.
Daphne 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment